Things to See & Do
Treasure hunters are sure to find something wonderful in our Vendor Marketplace! Sweet smelling soaps and candles, beautiful handmade jewelry, fashionable clothes and accessories, special gifts for loved ones, and unique decorations for your home can all be found at the Magnolia Days Festival.
Stop by the Square on Saturday morning and visit the Farmers Market, open from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Local farmers will be selling fruits and veggies, flowers and plants, handmade food items, and much more!
During the Magnolia Days Festival, many of Columbus’ most historic homes will be open to the public for free tours from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Homes open for viewing include:
- Dilue Rose and Ira Albert Harris House
- Abram Alley Log Cabin
- Santa Claus Museum (featured on The Texas Bucket List)
- Zack and Amy Venghaus Home
- Historic Brandon House
- Longhorn Riverview Ranch
- Montgomery House
- Gegenworth House
- The Carriage Step
Keep your cool under the shade of 100 year-old live oak and magnolia trees with an ice cold beer in our Biergarten, sponsored by Matt Gaby, State Farm Agent. Along with many of the much loved domestic beers, the Magnolia Days Festival will feature local craft brews from several Texas breweries.
For wine lovers, our Wine Garden boasts a wide selection of delicious reds and whites sure to please your palette. So no matter what you’re in the mood for, we’ve got you covered!
Featured Texas Wineries
The Magnolia Belles are an important part of the Magnolia Days Festival. They add a touch of Southern grace and anti-bellum nostalgia to the festival and the historic homes on tour. They are ambassadors of goodwill for the Columbus Historical Preservation Trust and the City of Columbus.
The ten 2018 Magnolia Belles will be presented to the public on the second floor of the Stafford Opera House at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, May 18. A second presentation will be held on the Courthouse Square at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 19. Admission to both presentations is free. After the Saturday presentation, the Belles will visit the homes on tour from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Whether you’re a kid or a kid at heart, there are plenty of fun things to do in the Family Fun Zone!
- Trackless Train Rides sponsored by the First National Bank of Eagle Lake
- Carriage Rides sponsored by Double G Realty
- Petting Zoo sponsored by Leyco Real Estate
- Camel Rides sponsored by Schneider Hall
- Bounce Houses sponsored by Armadillo Portable Toilets
- Trampoline Bounce sponsored by Barten Industrial Coatings, LLC
- Rock Wall sponsored by AL&M Building Supply
- 4-in-1 Sports Throw sponsored by the Wade Family Foundation
- Kids Carnival Games sponsored by Tommie Vaughn Auto Country
Tickets for Family Fun Zone activities may be purchased at the festival for a small fee.
Whether you’re craving something sweet, salty, chocolatey, or crunchy, you’ll find something satisfying at the Magnolia Days Festival. We’ve got all the standard festival favorites…from kettle corn and sno cones to cotton candy and funnel cakes. Plus, we’ll have a few out of the ordinary things to tempt your taste buds. Bring your appetite and fill your belly!
Featured Food Vendors
- Kona Ice of Austin County
- JB’s Sno Balls & More
- Mary Had a Little Party
- Columbus Rotary Club Crawfish Boil
- Mencha’s Kitchen
- Columbus Lions Club Hamburgers
- Georgie Mae’s Good Eats